I've been on the hunt for some awesome dinner recipes lately that don't break my macro bank. I drummed this recipe up tonight and I couldn't be more stoked about it! I served it over garlic and chive mashed potatoes (I know). And it was fantastic.
The prep for this honestly wasn't bad. I thawed my chicken in the fridge the night before and made my potatoes in the InstaPot. The entire dish start to finish took me 20-25 minutes!
The only tricky thing about this dish is the size of the chicken breast you use. You'll need to adjust your macros accordingly. My chickenbreast tonight was 125g, so I'm going to include that in these macros. BUT BE AWARE, macros change depending on the weight of your chicken!
- 125g chicken filet (it was about 185g raw)
- 50g spinach, fresh
- 2 wedges of Laughing Cow swiss cheese
- 25g artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 C fat free shredded mozzerella
- Preheat oven to 450
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and slice directly in half (this method is called butterflying).
- Pound slightly with a mallet to thin the chicken out.
- Season both sides with paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Set chicken aside.
- Heat up a medium sauce pan and sauteé your spinach. When it's started to wilt, add in your artichoke hearts.
- Sauteé for 2 minutes, then add in Laughing Cow wedges. Stir until melted in.
- Add in shredded mozzerella.
- Place mixture inside one chicken breast. (This ingredient list is for ONE stuffed chicken breast. You can double the recipe to make two, or three, or four for the whole family!)
- Fold closed and stick in toothpicks to hold the stuffing in.
- Sear in the pan for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Place stuffed chicken breasts on a greased sheet and place in oven for 10-13 minutes or until chicken is done.
You can serve this dish over potatoes, rice, or just eat it alone!! It's so filling and CHECK OUT THESE MACROS GUYS
MACROS PER SERVING (one chicken breast)
OK. I DIE. MIGHT EAT THIS FOREVER.