I got this recipe from...
my mother in law when Aaron and I were still dating. Although I wasn't tracking macros at the time, I was on the hunt for something quick and easy that would fill both of us up between work and school. Aaron mentioned this dish and called his mom for the recipe. I'm pretty sure I still have the email saved from her somewhere because it has become an absolute STAPLE in our house. We typically have it over rice (which will add about 30g to your carb count but it's so worth it). We've even made sushi rice before and rolled this into a fish-less sushi roll! Sometimes if I'm feeling saucy I'll add some spicy mayo on top. Half a tsp has 5g F. This dish comes together in about 10 minutes and will quickly become a house favorite! Enjoy!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 C water
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 80g grated carrots
- Chopped green onion for garnish
- Brown beef in a wok. Set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, water, ginger and carrots in a bowl. Place in wok and simmer on low until carrots are tender. Add beef back in and stir to coat.
- Divide pan into 4 sections, serve over rice or broccoli.
Macros per 1/4 pan: