Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
It's Flu Season, people!
I was out with a nasty virus last week and my stepmom brought over an amazing chicken noodle soup that absolutely hit the spot. I wanted to recreate it for you guys and the macros on it are incredible! Best part is you can just throw this in the crock pot and let it do it's thing for 8 hours, and then enjoy! It's the best meal for when you're feeling under the weather or just want something quick and easy!
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth (low sodium)
- 6oz egg pasta (any)
- 450g chicken
- 2 cups (295g) chopped carrots
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 C water
- ground ginger
- thyme, to taste
- basil, to taste
- parsley, to taste
- Place all ingredients but the pasta in your crockpot and cook on low for 7.5 hours.
- After 7.5 hours, take out chicken and shred. Add in pasta, and cook in the crock pot for an additional 15-20 minutes or until noodles are done.
- The noodles will soak up some of the cooking liquid, so this is when you add in your cup of water.
- Warm through and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 cup. 165Cal/16P/22C/1F