Chicken Fried Rice
We love asian food over...
here. Especially if its a dish that's easy, comes together quickly and doesn't make a crap ton of dishes! This chicken fried rice is such a great option for a quick meal. Feel free to garnish with green onions or maybe even some spicy mayo if you have some extra fat to spare!
- 1.5 cup (150g) long grain white rice (I use instant rice)
- 200g chicken
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 80g peas
- 95g carrots, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 T low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Cook your rice and set aside.
- Cube chicken and get it cooking in a pan. Once it's almost done, add in your onion, carrots and peas.
- Cook until most of the moisture is gone from the pan.
- Add in garlic and sesame oil, then move all of your veggies/chicken to one side of the pan.
- Crack an egg in the pan and scramble. Once it's scrambled, mix in with the rest of the pan.
- Throw in cooked rice and soy sauce and toss to coat.
Recipe makes 4 servings. Servings are about 1.5 cups but I just divide the pan in quarters.
Macros per serving: 252Cal/18.5P/38C/3F