This Shepherds pie is such a filling option for meal prep or dinner! Can
This Shepherds pie is such a filling option for meal prep or dinner! Can we even call it Shepherds pie if we use ground beef? Doesn't the real recipe use lamb? Yes? No? Well. I'm doing it anyway.
I always use "Can't Believe It's Not Butter" to mash my potatoes, but you can sub in olive oil if you want (the fat macros will increase slightly if you do). I add in a little seasoning salt and garlic powder as well.
This recipe makes four servings, but typically two quarters fit in my macros for the day so my husband and I just split the plan! Enjoy!
For Meat Filling:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4T worchestire sauce
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn
For Potato Topping
- 16 oz yellow potatoes, boiled
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 4T butter substitute
- seasoning salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Brown ground beef in pan. Right before it's fully cooked, add in chopped onion and simmer until the onion is transluscent.
- Turn heat up to medium high and add in Worchestshire sauce. Cook until almost all the liquid is gone.
- Add in veggies and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, add your cooked potatoes, milk, butter and seasonings in a bowl. Mash thoroughly.
- Place beef mixture in a greased 9x9 pan. Top with mashed potatoes and cook for 20 minutes.
- You can top this dish with cheese and adjust your macros accordingly.
MACROS PER SERVING (this recipe makes four servings)