It's no secret that I absolutely love bread. Of any kind, really. It's also no secret that sometimes I buy bananas at the store and just don't ever eat them so they slowly die on my counter making me feel like some sort of heathen.
I've been on the hunt for a good macro-friendly banana bread recipe that didn't taste extremely bland or look like bird seed for a while now. And ladies and gentleman, I think I finally found it! This recipe is moist, lower on the carb side and little to almost no fat. It uses greek yogurt and Walden Farms pancake syrup and it has NO sugar and NO butter! You're welcome. I made the bread with just the base to get the macros for you, but you could easily add in chocolate chips or nuts of any kind. Just make sure you account for those when tracking :)
I mean LOOK at it. My goodness. I just want to eat it all up.
Okay, I know you're wanting to know. I'll get to the point.
- 2 large eggs
- 115g plain greek yogurt
- 200g ripe bananas
- 6T Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
- 1/4c Splenda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 60g quick oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 150g all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease bread pan.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl, then add in mashed bananas, yogurt, syrup, vanilla and splenda. Mix until smooth
- Add in oats, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Gently fold in flour until everything is just combined.
- pour into greased pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for about 10 minutes before taking out of the pan and enjoying! I cut this loaf into eight slices. Macros per slice:
Happy Baking, friends!