Cinnamon Sugar Protein Donuts
IT'S NATIONAL DONUT DAY! Gosh, what a wonderful holiday. I feel like we should celebrate it every day. And you absolutely can with these amazing macro-friendly cinnamon sugar protein donuts!
Ashleigh and I were brainstorming some recipes we could make for you guys today to honor this lovely holiday, and we narrowed it down to two. The recipe you see pictured here and a chocolate donut. Would you guys want a chocolate donut recipe?? Drop a comment in our insta post or on here and we'll create one!
These donuts have a Kodiak Cake base (as always, cause we love those and they're so convenient!) with a snickerdoodle flavoring from my very favorite SelectProtein!
The cinnamon sugar topping uses Splenda, which gives it that flaky deliciousness without the added carbs!
- 159g Buttermilk Kodiak Cake Mix
- 62g SELECT Snickerdoodle Protein
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4C Splenda
For Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1T Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2C Splenda (or desired amount, depending on the amount of cinnamon you want to taste)
- No-Stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix your Kodiak Cakes, protein, egg, vanilla, Splenda and water in a bowl until batter consistency is reached.
- Spoon batter into a ziplock bag and compress until all the air has been pushed out. Cut off one corner tip.
- Grease donut pan and pipe in batter evenly. (6 donuts)
- Bake in oven for 8-9 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- AS SOON as the donuts are done, take them out of the pan, spray the top with cooking spray and dip in your cinnamon/Splenda mixture. Set them on a rack to cool.
MACROS PER DONUT: 150cal/16P/16C/2.3F
**TIP: You could frost these with vanilla greek yogurt+sugar free cheesecake jello mix and it would be AMAZING. Happy cooking!