Biscuit & Gravy Casserole
The long awaited recipe has finally arrived!!! Who doesn't love a good plate of biscuits and gravy? We love that meal here at the Adams household. But I stopped making it once I jumped on the macro train cause it was so fatty and carby. I didn't think it was possible to find a happy medium between just enough carbs to actually make it taste like biscuits and gravy and being too much for one meal.
But alas! I found it!
This recipe is baked in a 9x13 dish and one serving is an eighth of the pan with 1/4c of the gravy. This casserole takes a minute to bake, but it keeps overnight in the fridge and is JUST as good the next morning for breakfast or dinner! It's definitely become a staple in our house!
- 6 Homestyle Biscuits (the ones in the tube. The package comes with 8, but only use six!)
- 9T eggwhites (138g)
- 3 whole eggs
- 8 Jimmy Dean Sausage patties, crumbled.
- 28g fat free cheddar
- 28g mild cheddar shredded cheese
- 1/2c Fairlife skim milk
- salt and pepper
- one package of sausage gravy mix. (save this for after the casserole is in the oven!)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut biscuits into bite size pieces and place them in a lightly greased 9x13
- top with crumbled sausage
- top with cheese
- mix egg, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl and pour over biscuit and sausage.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- While that's in the oven, mix gravy packet with water and top each piece with gravy right before serving!
See? Easy peasy and SO GOOD!
MACROS PER SERVING (1/8TH OF THE PAN) **This includes gravy