Easy Skinny Bagels
One of my clients told me yesterday "I don't feel like it's really breakfast unless I have something toasted." and MAN, I feel that on a deep level! I love breakfast foods of any kind, and bagels are no exception! I've cut them out of my diet mostly because the carbs are just too high, until I stumbled across SkinnyTaste and her bagel recipe! This dough is SO easy (two ingredients) and makes four awesome sized bagels. Top it with poppyseeds like in the picture above, Everything But The Bagel seasoning from Trader Joes, or leave it plain and enjoy it with some low fat cream cheese!
- 5 Oz All Purpose Flour, white
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (read the nutrition label on this to get the approximate serving size in grams. Fage is 227g per cup!)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper so the bagels don't stick
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and yogurt in a bowl and mix until a crumbly dough is formed.
- Dust the counter with flour and knead the dough until is "tacky, not sticky" - SkinnyTaste herself.
- Divide into 4 equal balls. (I'm extremely meticulous and measured out the entire ball of dough and divided that by 4. I believe it was 93g per bagel.)
- Roll out each ball of dough into ropes and then combine the ends to form bagels.
- Brush egg white over dough
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Done! These keep in a container on the counter for 4-5 days, so meal prep a whole batch and enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
MACROS PER BAGEL: